Tuesday 18 March 2014

He Left



I don’t know what I did to deserve this,
Left alone in the middle of the night.
I thought we had come together,
But my visions were not his light.
We were in love, I know, I felt the passion.
We were connected, both in heart and soul.
Then he just disappeared into the night,
Abandoned, I was left alone to console.
I loved him, I gave myself away,
But his embrace was just a passing.
He comforted me in my time of need
Yet it was temporary, never lasting.
Alone looking out into the world,
Contemplating what love really is.
My heart has lost its glowing warmth,
The love that was his.
Pain radiates from deep inside,
It results with tears in my eyes.
No matter how much it hurts,
Only I can hear my cries.
He left me, with no warning at all,
Just quietly walked out the door,
Never to be seen again,
My heart lies on the floor..

A Poem by Rick Bertrand

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Want To Hear From You :)